Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New start for me today....

Yes I can't stand it anymore....I'm going to start my SB Peace and Plenty pincushion that I bought when I went to the Dyeing To Stitch retreat last October.  I hope to finish today since it is just a pincushion and looks relatively simple. 

I finished sewing my top and skirt for me to wear to a formal this Friday night with my husband.  It is plum colored satin that thankfully I had in my fabric stash already.  I only needed to buy lining fabric for the top, buttons, thread and a zipper for the skirt.  I love the color as I had picked it out shopping online when we lived in Germany. 

So my reward to myself today is starting this SB pincushion.  I finish the SB scissor fob I blogged about before but sad to say....I've not done the finishing work on it of assembling it.  I think I will take one day next week to finish up all these little smalls and then have some more pictures to show you.

My other big project MBT The Lord's Prayer is coming along nicely.  This is the one I'm doing with the Becky Bees BOP contest.  See the post below what I'm talking about.  I'm enjoying it and I did pick up more silk on Sunday when I was at the Attic to have on hand.....just in case I run out with what I have now. 

Until another time.......HAPPY STITCHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment