Thursday, April 4, 2013

YEAHHH....a finish and other happenings......

Oh my stars......WHERE has the time gone to since my last post.  First of all, I apologize for being so negligent on posting my finishes and other happenings.

First and foremost......my big finish as of Friday March 29.  I finished stitching Kathy Bungard's Tulip Praise from my German SAL yahoo group.  Here is the finished piece but forgive my photography as I realized after resizing my picture that the right side of my stitched piece is slightly crooked.  I PROMISE ..... I DID NOT STITCH IT THAT WAY!  I just forgot to straighten the fabric when photographing before we left to go out to dinner.  So without any delay here she is:


I would love to stitch on this piece while watching TV late at night.  I could just get into the mode of going right along sometimes without having to follow the chart.  Don't you just LOVE those kind of projects???  I know I do sometimes.  Kathy also has a website if you are interested in looking at more of her designs.  It is here:  www.gracewoodstitches.com

I've also finished stitching several other smalls but haven't gotten around to taking pictures of them yet so you will just have to wait til another day here soon for me to show you those.

And where did all that time go in between my posts????  Well we did take a family vacation to California to go to Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Disneyland and California Adventures also located next to Disneyland.  The only downside to our week long family vacation was that I had a bad cold that had started out only as a little cold but grew to be worse while we were gone.  Thank goodness for a Target being so close to our hotel so I could go get some Nyquil to help me get over it.  But overall, our trip was great because we got to spend it together as a family......laughing, joking, and overall HAVING LOTS OF FUN!!!

So until I can get those other smalls photographed up, I will continue to xstitch on more goodies and tomorrow is the big day for me to cut out my daughter's Prom Dress to make up this weekend.  I also want to do some finishing on some ornaments that I've stitched.  That way I'm not having to do all the finishing at the last minute.  Some are mine and some will be presents.

That is about it for now.  I am off to start stitching a new project to be a birthday gift.  Hmmmm  wonder what it is???  Who is the designer?????

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Tulip Praise I just beautiful!! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish Brenda! Glad you had a nice vacation aside from your cold. Welcome back! Maureen

    ReplyDelete