Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Scarlet Letter Jesus Wept.....

I am SOOOOO GLAD that the chart Jesus Wept has been reprinted!  I saw it long ago and wanted to stitch it but it wasn't available. 

Now that it has been reprinted, The Attic was having it as their July Sampler of the Month.  I could not wait to get it!  I bought the chart, fabric and some Au Ver A Soie #1436 (dark blue) silk to stitch it in.  Don't you just get EXCITED about starting a new project???  I was definitely excited about getting it started but after stitching "Shall I presume to ventur near", I didn't like the thickness of the Au Ver A Soie silk on my 40ct Vintage Light Examplar fabric.  So when I went back to the Attic for Sampler Sunday, I chose a Needlepoint Silk color 749 (a darker blue than I was using).  I liked it much better because it didn't seem as thick on the fabric.  Everyone else thought I was nuts for ripping out what I already had stitched in but I just didn't like the look of it.  I would rip it out one letter at a time starting at the far left and working my way back to where I ended off.

Here is where I am at the moment using the NPI color 749.



I have put aside my other Scarlet Letter project H. K. Smith but hope to get back to it soon.  Here is where I left off with it before packing it away.


This one is a lot of fun also to work on because when I get tired of working on the border I can stitch some  motif on the inside.  I will get back to working on it eventually. 

That is all for now.  Until another post......HAPPY STITCHING!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my - how gorgeous is "Jesus Wept". Can hardly wait to see your progress.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing you progress on this one... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete