Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Belated Mother's Day post.....

On Mother's Day, I was driving down to TN to meet up with DD at her college to help her move out.  What a mom to do that on Mother's Day.  And that was the first thing she said to me when I arrived at her dorm was how APPRECIATIVE she was that I drove down to help start packing up her dorm room.  She said she had been at the study room and had overheard another girl saying she wasn't packing ANYTHIING until her mom and dad got there to her dorm and they could do it all.  That just unnerved my daughter at this other girls actions to her parents.  So she was wanting to make sure I knew how much she appreciated my coming in on Mother's Day to help start packing things up.  So of course, we had to take a selfie to remember my day!!!


DD was going to buy my dinner at the little food court in her dorm as her Mother's Day present to me but neither of us were hungry yet.  So we said we would have my Mother's Day meal on Tuesday for lunch when I came back to pack some more which was much better anyway.  We were moving her out in small amounts since I was going to be in town all week instead of rushing to do it all at one time.  I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of my food to show you but just know that the buffalo wings, seasoned fries and FOUNTAIN Pepsi were delicious!!!!

After packing up some of her stuff, I took it out to my MIL house to store for the summer.  Then I went on home to spend Mother's Day with my mom and dad.  Here is our picture.


So I gave my mom her Mother's Day gifts which I had shown in the previous post.  Please scroll down to see her gifts.  She LOVED her framed card and stitched Mother's Day picture!!!!  I had given her a card as well but I didn't take a picture of it.

Since I was moving DD out of the dorm on Mother's Day and several times that week, DD wanted to stay in town for her roommates graduation 4 days later along with another friends' graduation.  That took place on Saturday but both were at different times.  Oh well.

I decided we'd celebrate my Mother's Day when we got back the following Sunday.  Here is what Dh gave me for Mother's Day!  He gave me a Jim Shore Snoopy Patriot figurine and some Dove chocoalates!  These are sooooo delicious!  He also chose a beautiful Mary Engelbrit Mother's Day card for me as he knows I like her things as well!!


DS gave me a Buffalo Wild Wings Gift Card and some Dove chocolates as well!!!  Once again....these are soooo delicious.....for both the BWW and chocolates!!!!


That's all I have to share for my Mother's Day!!!  We will be going this Friday night to use my new gift card!!!  I can't wait!!!

Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a very special Mother's Day, Brenda--you have raised a very thoughtful and appreciative daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the Dove chocolate covered cherries? Oh my, they are fabulous. It sounded like you had a good Mother's Day. Know you will enjoy using your giftcard to BWW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post. Your family sounds amazing- a reflection of the love and respect you have for each other.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chocolates--Doves are at the top of the list! I can't get over how selfish that girl at the dorm was! It seems she didn't learn anything about growing up and being on her own... sad... Glad you had a good celebration (or two or three). You have a blessed family! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete