Thursday, May 26, 2016

May Smalls Post ....


Heather of Stitching Lotus is our wonderful host for our Smalls each month.  You can click on her blog name above or on the side bar.

This month I've still been stitching up a lot of "little" gifts that I'm sorry to say I just can't show you yet.  But I will once they are gifted out this October.  Yes.....you will have to wait til then to see what "smalls" I've stitched up this month.

While doing these little gifts I have been trying to get other things TOTALLY FINISHED to be able to show you something for my May Smalls post.  I had stitched this SB Fold needleroll a couple of months ago, and I really should have done the finishing on it right away.  So I was determined to get it totally finished to share this month.  I'm sorry for the dark looking picture. I had taken this on my fabric cutting table in my sewing room.  I think I'm going to have to start photographing them on the dining room table or somewhere over in the main living room area where there is more light showing.

Now all I have left to stitch up for this set is the last one which is the ruler chart.  Then I will need to stain my box to hold all my goodies inside and mount the main design on top of the box.  I want to finish the inside off like what is found in this picture from Cathy's blog called With Needle and Thread.  Didn't she do a excellent job finishing her box so creatively??!!


Here is what it looked like before adding all the goodies inside.


I have the fabric to finish mine like this so I just need to take a day and just get it DONE!

For the next Smalls this month, I have JN Snowbonnets to share with you.  I THOUGHT I had one of the Kreinik #4 braid  called for in this piece but could not find it anywhere.  So I just substituted it with a DMC Metallic thread.


Now for some sewing projects that I've done.  This was a very late birthday gift last month that I gave to Carol of iStitch Designs.  I had asked Carol to forgive me for missing sending her birthday present in time, but I said it would hopefully be worth the wait.  Needless to say, she said she loved it!!!  The design is Sew Parisian and can be found HERE. 


I also found a cute Eiffel Tower charm to attach as a zipper pull.


So while I was in my sewing room the other day, I decided to make a new thread organizer pack and ORT catcher for myself as I had found some of my favorite fabric while searching through my fabric stash for something else.


That's all I have to share for today.  I've pulled fabric and threads to stitch up my dad's Father's Day present.  Can you believe it that I had ALL of the colors called for in a project for once without having a missing thread color???  That is not always the case.  Then what do I do but go and change one of the threads!  Oh well.  At least I had all the colors suggested......doesn't mean I HAVE to use them!  I will share that finish hopefully in a few days.

Happy Stitching!

14 comments:

  1. Very nice smalls this month, Brenda! The new thread organizer pack and ORT keeper are sweet. Have fun stitching up your Dad's gift. Look forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stitchy finishes, and your sewing is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stitchy finishes, and your sewing is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stitchy finishes, and your sewing is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really been busy, Brenda--and such cute finishes! The gift you made for Carol is lovely--I'm sure she was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your finishes are beautiful. I love your little box and I think all its pieces look beautiful.. You are a wonderful sewer too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunningly beautiful finishes.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your projects are as lovely as they are varied. I do enjoy visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many pretty smalls! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must be a whizz on your sewing machine! I love the organiser you made for Carol. Cathy's box is indeed lovely and I'm sure you will be able to make one just as nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot wait to see the smalls in October, after retreat! But meanwhile, your finishes are gorgeous! I finally made an ort catcher, and have ideas for many more! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been so busy. Can't wait to see May's finishes in October ;)

    ReplyDelete